Hurricane 2016 - when your tent turns into a swimming pool (part 2)

June 26th 2016 - last day of the festival

I woke up really early, in fact around 8 - 9am in the morning and everyone else was still sleeping, so I left the camp in silence to go get some breakfast and finally a coffee. It was a sunny morning and the sky was blue. Everyone who had been awake already just sat in the sun and enjoyed the beautiful morning, even though it was pretty windy. 

After I had finished my breakfast and sat in the sun for a while, wondering around, I met up with Carly and Esther who then told me that they would leave in a few hours already and skip the last day of the festival, what kinda shocked me, but there was nothing else to do for them. We went to get Carly's wristband changed and then they left to pack all their stuff. By then it was about 12pm and I slowly became tired again so I went back to sleep. 



I slept for a few hours before I went to the first concerts. I messaged Toni and asked her if she wanted to meet up and go see The Wombats, who were my first act of the day. By the time I had gotten there the show was almost over and I met up with three other friends instead of Toni, because I couldn't find her. 

Even though I had only seen about 4 songs of The Wombats I was impressed by how much action they bring on the stage just by playing and feeling their music. They danced, screamed, partied and just seemed to have the best time of their lives on stage. It was really nice seeing them on stage with the sun in the back, since it hadn't been raining all day long. 

After The Wombats finished their set it was time for Two Door Cinema Club, an indie band from Ireland. They played old and new songs, songs that havent even been released yet and songs that everyone knew. The lead singer, Alex Trimble, cheerished the crowd and the good weather as he was making us all dance after everything we have been through during the festival. He tried to make the last day of the Hurricane Festival the best one, by entertaining us really well. It was a simple show with some cool lightening effects, that always fit the beat of the songs, in the back. The sun was shining and my friends and I just enjoyed their show before three of us left earlier because Bloc Party was playing on the other stage. 

So we left and went to the other main stage expecting an amazing show from Bloc Party, a band from London, UK. As we arrived we didn't really saw what we expected to see or to hear. The show didn't seem to be really good since the crowd was barley moving or singing along to their songs. Also the Band was just standing on the stage and didn't really seem to be in the mood to play. Only during the old songs the crowd gave their best and sang their hearts out. So we decided to not enter the crowd because we didn't like the show. Instead we kept watching from the side of the stage and then shortly after left again to go see Deichkind, who I had seen two times before already.

We went back to the other main stage, now only two of us, and waited for the show to begin. We had both already seen Deichkind live so we knew what was expecting us and they fulfilled it. Even though I have seen better performances of them, the three guys on stage still managed to rock the crowd and entertain us. Everyone was dancing and singing along as the sun slowly went down. But we also had to leave their show earlier as we wanted to see the whole set of Mumford & Sons because we had never seen them before. 

So we met up with the friend that left us before going to Deichkind and waited for Mumford & Sons, the last act of the festival. They started later because everyone was still at the other main stage watching Deichkinds set. So Mumford & Sons started abour 20 minutes later than planned, at around 10:50pm. We were pretty in the back where we had a lot of space to dance but were still able to follow the show. During the whole concert Mumford & Sons spread an amazing vibe of happyness and luck. When I looked around all of my friends were dancing and singing along just as the others in the crowd, people were kissing each other or just hugging and showing their love. In the middle of the show my best friend Toni suddenly jumped up on me and from then on we enjoyed the concert together, by the way the only one we went to together during the festival. 

They ended their show with some fire on stage and an endlessly cheering crowd. Mumford & Sons were the perfect band to end the festival and forget about everything that had happened the days before as they just spread a good vibe and lots of love. 

After the concert we all went back into the camp because we were planning to leave early, since Toni had to work the next day. 


June 27th - leaving

The Hurricane Festival is really close to Hamburg and so we got up around 9am to pack our things and leave. We got some water our stuff and then waited for the others who just didn't arrive because they were still looking for something. So Toni and I left earlier than our other friends and took the train at 11am. We arrived in Hamburg an hour later and were glad to finally be back home. 


All in all I can say that even though the festival had some downs it was still a good investation and we had a lot of fun, also because the organization of the whole festival was really good! The bands were good, the weather was okay and the mood never fell! 

Share:

0 Kommentare