Twenty One Pilots, a show filled with emotions



After my last concert in November 2015 it was about time for another concert. My body was longing for it - for the crowd, the screaming, singing, dancing, for the emotions and the adrenalin rushing through the blood while feeling the bass under my feet. 

After a 4 months break it felt more than just good to finally feel the excitement again while waiting for Twenty One Pilots in Hamburg on the 3rd of February, last Wednesday. My friend from Belgium had travelled all the way to Hamburg to see tøp with me so obviously my excitement was even a little bit bigger than usual since I don't see her that often. 


6am - time to get up and get ready for school. While Charlotte was still sleeping I got ready, packed my bag and most importantly my concert ticket and went off to school. Time in school passed by really slow and I got kinda impatient to finally leave, work and go to the venue where Charlotte has already been sitting since 9am to save us front row. So I left school 20 minutes early and took the bus home to grab my portable charger before working and leave all my books at home.

About a month before the concert I had emailed some people because I wanted to organize and interview with Tyler and Josh, for this blog. I had almost forgotten about it when I sat in the bus and checked my emails, when "Re: Twenty One Pilots, Hamburg, 3.02.216" suddenly appeared in my emails. I immediately opened the message, my hands already shaking, and read; "Hi Amina, you are placed on the guest list including one more person. Sadly we're not the ones to organize Interviews, that's what the label is taking care of." 

I read the Email over and over again trying to understand what was going on. Over and over again. I was placed on the guest list for Twenty One Pilots to write my article about the concert. I didn't know whether to cry or to smile, whether to scream or to faint. I didn't know what to do besides getting even more impatient. So I texted Charlotte telling her I can get her in for free and that she didn't have to wait any longer in the cold because we'd go through a different entrance than anyone else - but she stayed. Impatient and overly excited I went home and told my mom while packing my stuff. I then left for work where I could barley wait until time was over. 

After work I was finally able to go to the venue to see Charlotte and sell my ticket I wouldn't need anymore. I got there at around 6pm, brought Charlotte some fries and got her out of the line to the guest list entrance where we would chill for another hour before they finally let us in. 

Doors opened at 7pm and after we had successfully sold our tickets we went inside to the first row right in front of the barrier. Words can't explain how excited I was to finally be inside of a venue again, see all those excited people and getting impatient for the concert to begin. 

An hour after the doors opened the lights went off and the support act came on the stage, an unknown DJ who got at least me into the right mood for the concert to begin! I was ready! 

At around 9pm lights went out again and the red light went on as the music began. People started screaming and you could feel the excitement in the air and the hearts in the mass of bodies behind me when Josh and Tyler came out on the stage and the screaming level went higher, both wearing a mask. 

They were rocking the venue from the first second on and there was no chill in the concert. It reminded me of my last summer because it all just felt like a never ending party. But the guys weren't only making a great show by telling us to go down and jump back up, picking a partner to take on the shoulders and jumping up with them or just going absolutely crazy on stage as well, and when they were carried by the crowd; they also showed us a lot of love and made us feel their excitement to play in a sold out venue in Hamburg! The whole crowd was singing along to every song and gave the Twenty One Pilots a beautiful, maybe not 100% on point, background singing filled with emotions. 


Three times during the concert either Josh, Tyler or the both of them, got onto a platform that was given into the crowd so they could carry them. They were close to their fans and not afraid of getting into contact with them. Tyler also got up the stairs to the people who weren't on the floor, he played his heart out during the concert and made the crowd feel it. 


If I was to pick out my favorite moment of the concert it would probably be the moment they finished their show, because it was the most emotional moment I have ever seen during a concert. I'm not talking about me but about the two guys on stage who were overwhelmed about what they have reached, how many fans they got and how this probably isn't even everything. In that moment I felt love. I felt happiness, excitement, proudness, nothing else but positive vibes I can't put into words. 




But all in all I gotta say Twenty One Pilots was one of my favorite concerts yet and as soon as they come back I will be one of the first ones to buy a ticket because I got so overwhelmed by their little yet amazing show full of positive vibes, love, party and restlessness! Even if you're not a fan I'd tell you to go to one of their concert because no matter if you like them or not, you won't waste your time there because their show is something unbelievable that makes you forget about all your problems for 2 hours and let's you just live the moment and soak in every single second of it.

Now it's over, my first concert of 2016 and as I'm writing this I'm already getting excited to see Kraftklub in Prague on Saturday the 13th of February. 

Until then I wish you all the best! 
Amina

Share:

0 Kommentare